Well, I have officially begun my work at Bethel. Even though today is the first day of my contract, I have already had the opportunity to preach! Julia and I were wondering if we'd go to Bethel yesterday and we decided to go.
The morning service was pretty neat as Pastor Dave Tigchelaar (my old pastor in Calgary) preached and made kind of an impromptu introduction of me to the congregation.
Last night things got interesting. We were both feeling under the weather but thought it would be good to go to the service. When we arrived with 5 minutes before the service, the guest pastor hadn't arrived yet. An elder joked about me leading the service. At about 10 after, the service was turning into a favorites sing-a-long and we were finishing up the third song when Ton, the same elder asked if I could lead the service. When I was half way through I had preached a little more than a year ago, the guest pastor showed up thinking that he was half an hour early! Thankfully, the congregation was willing to roll with all of these last minute changes.
So, even though today (Jan. 9) was supposed to be my first day on the job and next Sunday was to be my first sermon, neither are true anymore...and that is just fine with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment