

Last year on this day, January 20, the temperature in Hamilton was a crispy -24.7 Celsius. Today, on January 20, 2006, the temperature was 12.9 Celsius in our new city. Somehow, we have managed to avoid the deep cold many Ontarians fight off all winter long by spending most of the last 2 weeks in what people around here are calling a Vancouver winter. Even if we get the expected cold snap, it sure has helped our transition.
With only a few days from the election, we are seeing and hearing another familiar climate--a political one. I have to admit that I didn't expect such positive words about the Conservatives outside of Alberta and BC, but people in the church and on the radio have been giving the thumbs up to Stephen Harper (even though, they say, he has "lego hair"). I guess we'll find out on Monday how similar the political climates are.
No comments:
Post a Comment