Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Exploring New Possibilities


For those who haven't heard yet, I traded in my hardhat and tools for census data and emergent church books. For the next few weeks, I will be doing a study for future new church development in Edmonton. I am already a few books in, 2 visits to city hall, multiple conversations with church planters in Edmonton, and downloaded tons of census reports. I'm not totally sure how big this 'animal' will get, but I know that it will include supporting info for a few different church plants in the Greater Edmonton Area. Those who know my tendencies in writing, you might be as worried as I am about having a report that is twice as thick as it should be. So, I will make a public commitment right here and now. Whatever I write WILL fit on a blank CD (700m). :)



2 comments:

Rob said...

Hey Trev & Julia,
Glad to see all is well. Thanks for the Christmas letter; it was good to catch up on how things are going with the two of you. I'm also enjoying tracking your comings and goings on the Blog. I especially enjoyed the "point to where I work pics" - very clever!

Best wishes,
Rob & Judi Laman

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! :) I wish you well with your writing assignment. Maybe Dad and Tim will be able to give you some pointers on how to downsize a project - but then on the other hand - maybe you'll be able to give them some good ones after this is all done!!!! Mom