Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Our post-Calvin travels: G-R-usalem to Ontaree-aree-o

Our week in Western Canada ended and we came back to Grand Rapids to wrap things up in the land of CRC churches and have been planning our next steps which will bring us to the birthplace Tim Hortons. A few days ago, Julia and I have confirmed that we will be living in the Hamilton area from January until at least June. Julia will be an intern with Michael Fallon, a Campus Minister at McMaster University, where she will begin to explore university chaplaincy as a future career possibility for her. I have been hired at Bethel CRC in Waterdown (only 15 minutes from McMaster) where I will work with Pastor Jim Pot and the ministry team as the church’s Ministry Coordinator. We are totally excited about being able to plug into these communities in the new year. And I am personally excited that there are over 120 Tim Hortons locations in the Hamilton area! (You can pray for self-restraint ).

No comments: